Tuesday, September 19, 2006

No Fear

¡Hola! ¿Cómo estás?

Hey everyone, as you can see I’m getting some practice.

Just thought I would share this with you. On Monday night I was home alone. Usually that’s no problem, but while I was there I just started to feel very afraid all of a sudden. Well…………..I started to confess “God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and a sound mind”. Don’t know if y’all know the song that goes along with that scripture, but I started to sing that too. After a couple of minutes I decided that I was going to read my Bible. I hadn’t read my devotional for the day and so I picked it up. When I opened it to today’s word I nearly fell off the bed. Those of you who use the Word for Today can check if you don’t believe me. The Scripture for September 18, 2006 was 2 Timothy 1:7 “God hath not given us a Spirit of Fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

Friends, it gets better. After I read this I started to write in my journal. Mind you this isn’t something I do everyday. My journal has scripture written at the bottom of every third page. When I finished writing I looked down to the bottom of the page and the scripture there was Psalm 34:4 “I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears”. HALLELUJAH!!! Now if that isn’t a word from the Lord I don’t know what is!

So, I want to encourage you. Any spirit of fear you may feel in whatever circumstances you come across in the next coming days don’t accept it. Rebuke it in the name of Jesus and quote the scriptures. Fear does not come from our Lord, it is a weapon the enemy uses to keep us bound, depressed, and paralyzed. And in this state we are unable to be effective for Jesus.

My Agape family…………I really missed you on Sunday. It’s worse on the days when I would normally see you. But sometimes God needs to move us out of the place in which we are most comfortable. So while I wait on the Lord I thank Him for the time He’s allowed me to share with you and I’ll hang on to my memories until He’ll allow me to return

My Tuesday lunch dates..............Tuesday will never be the same without you. I love you girls.

Blessings,

Yasine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Site Counter