Saturday, September 23, 2006

Under Attack

Hey guys,

I’m not even sure how to start this entry. So many things have happened in the last two weeks, I feel like I’m being put through the wringer emotionally. I almost want to cross my fingers and shout “Cree God!!” (For my non-jamaican friends ‘cree’ is like ‘time-out’ in patois).

The events of yesterday confirmed to me that God has a really big work for me to do and the enemy is trying so hard to mess with God’s plan. Now…….let me get to what happened. In the morning Mom called me and told me to make sure I read my “Word for Today” devotional. The title of the devotion for yesterday was ‘Prepare for Attack’ (think I would have taken the hint huh!) It basically talked about putting on the Armor of God and using the Word to combat the enemy. Anyway, I read it and went on my merry way.

Now usually when I read the Gleaner online everyday, but because I don’t have ADSL at home here I haven’t been following that practice. For some reason I went to the website yesterday and there was a headline that almost ‘lick mi fi six’ (you cricketers will understand exactly what I mean). Paraphrased it was ‘Over 100 students headed to C*b*’. As you all know I’m still waiting on the final word from the Embassy so imagine my surprise when I read the article and it said they already had a reception for the over 100 students that will be leaving next week.

So my Dad called his contact at the embassy and this is the latest in the saga. Apparently there were eight of us chosen to get the scholarship by the panel at the Embassy. However the C*b*n government’s policy is to give the scholarship only to people who don’t have first degrees. So the one thing that was supposed to give me an advantage has come back to bite me. Dad’s contact was really fighting with the Ambassador here over it but to no avail. He now has to go to C*b* to talk to the officials over there to get them to change the policy. When he spoke with Dad yesterday he said that he is confident that he can get them to change the policy. The only thing he has a problem with is that each country gets a certain quota of scholarships per year. According to him, they have already filled their quota.

Well………….I really just wanted to curl up in a corner somewhere and cry. I really felt like giving up. But in that moment the Lord reminded me of the Spanish CDs that I found. I didn’t tell you all about another find that I made. A couple of days ago I was walking by the bookshelf and I saw a book I had never seen before. It is actually a guide of all the provinces of C*b*. It has a map and everything. Another thing I didn’t tell you about was last year when I came back to Cayman for the summer Mom pulled out some plastic bins from under the closet and told me to open them. The bins were filled with medical books; Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, Histology, Obstetrics, ……….you name it I’ve got it. Mom knew a lady who works at St. Matthews and I guess she had mentioned to the woman that I wanted to go to Medical School. After the hurricane one of the Student’s left everything with instructions to give them away and so that’s how they ended up with me. Let me tell you people thousands of dollars in books!!!!

So regardless of how it looks now, I know I’m going to Medical School. I know with every fiber of my being that my going to Medical School is directly tied in to the reason why the Lord has be here on this earth. That is why the enemy is fighting so hard for it not to happen. So I ask that you continue to keep me in your prayers. I know that Man’s quota means absolutely nothing to God. God is a God of the impossible. And I’m believing Him to do the impossible in this situation. You see, these are the kinds of situations that God likes because now only He can get the glory.

As some of you know the Holy Spirit usually ministers to me by placing a song on my heart. Yesterday I just started singing “He is a miracle working God, He is a miracle working God, He is a wonder, He is a miracle, He is a miracle working God”. And I know it was the Holy Spirit reassuring me that He is going to come through for me, BIG TIME!. Before I left Cayman the same thing happened and God said “He’ll do it again, He’ll do it again, Just take a look at where you are now and where you have been. Hasn’t He always come through for you, He’s the same now as then. You may not know how, you may not know when but he’ll do it again.”

Well, I think I’m just about done. You know this blog thing is actually therapeutic. I almost feel like you all are right here with me when I write.

Please continue to pray. I need your support now more than ever before. I have one favour to ask though. When you pray for me, please lift up the other seven persons, who like me are waiting for a miracle.

Blessings,

Yasine

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Yasine...haven't been on the web in a while, so just now reading your entries. I miss you so much....Tuesdays are definitely not the same, not to mention Youth Group and Sunday service.

This bloggging thing is kinda cool...a nice way for us to keep up to date with all that's going on with you. Know that we love you and are praying for you....See you soon sis. -Dania

4:09 PM  
Blogger Don Dadda said...

Yaine i'm saying a prayer for you darlin', an everything is going to work out, jus as you told me it would for me. Keep doing everything you're doing, and blogging is strangely thereapuetic. U have a counter on your page? If you don't you need one.

MG

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Site Counter