Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Building a Fortress

Hey everyone,

I haven't felt much like writing since the last post. I guess this whole situation is kinda whittling away at me..........slowly. Now, I know all the scriptures to quote and I'm doing that and waiting on God to bring the change, in the meantime I'm just being real about how I feel. I tell you, the devil really works through your emotions and he was wreaking havoc with mine.

Some of you know that I've been doing a Leadership course with
Beacon University out of Columbus, Georgia. Let me tell you, they are offering some great teaching. I have no regrets about taking these courses. One of the latest ones I did was titled "Training to Reign" and it's a study of the life of David. Basically from when he was anointed till he was crowned king in zion. (Now you guys who have yet to do the course I'm about to give you the inside scoop). The lecturer talks about three classrooms in David's life: Bethlehem, Adullam and Hebron. And without going into much detail I'm gonna tell you a little about Adullam. See Adullam were the caves that David retreated to when he was being pursued by Saul. Adullam wasn't a place of roses; on the contrary it was a place of hardship and loneliness.

Adullam was the place where David built his masada.
Masada means fortress. And it was here that David developed his closeness with God. And he took his Masada, his spiritual fortress everywhere he went. So even after he left Adullam when faced with his enemies he would retreat into his Masada. I think this is where I'm at. I'm entering my Adullam and all that I am going through helping me to build my Masada; which can't be achieved without hardship and disappointment. So my prayer is help me Lord to learn the lessons of Adullam.

Now here is where it all gets interesting friends. Just as I was typing this blog Mom called me. She was on the way to the gym and she just started singing a song and she knew that the Holy Spirit wanted me to hear it. It's Yolanda Adams "Dont Give Up". The chorus says:

"Keep the Dream alive, don't let it die
If something deep inside, keeps inspiring you to try, don't stop
And Never give up, don't ever give up on you.
Sometimes, life can place a stumbling block in your way
But you gotta keep the faith, bring what's deep inside your heart to the light
And Never give up, don't ever give up on you"

Now isn't God awesome!!!

So…………it certainly looks like I will not be leaving for medical school this year as anticipated. The thing is though that I really asked the Lord if I should come home whether or not it was going to work out and I really felt He said I should.

On a positive note, I got a job on Friday. The way God worked that out was nothing short of a miracle. By God’s divine order one of my friend’s became aware of the opening and told me to bring in my resume the next day. Turns out, I did the interview on the spot and got the job. Now………..if you had asked me what I could see myself doing this would definitely not be at the top of my list. I know you’re dying to hear what it is right????????

Well……………………I’m a teacher. Yes, I didn’t stutter, that’s what I am. I start on Monday teaching Biology, Chemistry and Integrated Science at an all girls high school in Kingston. Now peeps, if you weren’t praying for me before I need you to start now. I’m believing God that He has me in that school for a reason and that this is a stop on my way to fulfilling my purpose that I must make.

Before I go let me say thanks to all of you who've been supporting me with prayer and emails and comments. God Bless You. I really couldn't get through this time without you.

Till next time,
Yasine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Site Counter