Tuesday, January 16, 2007

New Year, New Attitude

Happy New Year all!!!!

I know it has been ages since I made my last post (last year in fact………) So much has happened since then. Let me see if I can get it all into perspective. I’ve been teaching for the past 3 months and what a ride that has been. I’m slowly getting into the groove of things, if I say so myself. I give God thanks for the students He has entrusted me with. I continue to pray that I will make a positive impact on their lives.

I went on tour with my choir this Christmas. For those of you who don’t know, I sing with the University Singers. We performed two shows at the King Center for the Performing Arts in Melbourne, Florida. Is who did tell dem fi gi wi one whole day fi shop doah? (sorry had to slip a little patois in there). Well shop we did…………and we gave new meaning to the phrase “shop till you drop”.

Christmas was fabulous. I got to see my Mommy which of course is always great. I must admit…………I am one spoilt pickney!! Good spoilt though………if there is such a thing :)

Now let me get to the serious stuff. I’m not sure how many of you know but January is the deadline for medical school applications. So this January I as usual was in a typically foul mood. I kept waivering on whether or not I should apply again. I guess I was at the place where I felt like I couldn’t put myself through the emotional stress of applying and not getting in again.

Of course………..here comes God. In my devotion one morning the Lord asked me a couple of questions. I’ll give you an excerpt from a poem I wrote that morning.

God’s questions:

How much do you love me? Is your love for me more than your desire to become a doctor, more than your desire for companionship? Is it more than your longing to escape from the place in which you now find yourself? Are you willing to let go all you hold dear for me?

My answer:

My vocabulary fails me as it is not extensive enough to provide answers to those questions. Lord I can only like my love for you to the millions of sand grains in the sea……….vast………..immeasurable. My desire to do your will surpasses any other emotions I have. Today I surrender all I hold dear to you. Be it unto me, according to your word and your perfect plans for my life.

So, my approach to this New Year is one of total surrender. My mom imparted some powerful words of wisdom to me recently. This is what I leave with you today. Live for today, let tomorrow worry about itself. The fact that God woke you up this morning means that He has a plan for you. And the fact of the matter is if you hadn’t woken up………all your plans, dreams, hopes………would have been dead with you…….and only the things you do for God are going to matter.

By the way………….I did send in my Medical School application. So please continue to pray for me.

Well, that all for now folks. I’ll be in touch.

Blessings,

Yasine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Site Counter