Tuesday, August 07, 2007

What if it hurts?......I'll trust you Lord. What if you cry?....I'll trust you Lord.

Hey Everybody,

I can't believe it's been 7 months since my last post! I bet you all thought I'd given up on this huh? Now that I finally have some time to write I've gotta update you on the latest in my life.

Praise God, I've completed my first year of teaching. Man....that was interesting. There were some rough spots along the way but many more good times. I must say I never in my wildest dreams would have imagined myself as a teacher. But my students love me and seem to be enjoying my subjects so Glory be to God from whom all knowledge comes. I'm currently on summer holidays (one of the perks of being a teacher).

Well, you know there is a saying "There is a 1st time for everything".
Off all the weddings I've been to and sang at, I've never been a bridesmaid. My 1st time came this summer for my good friend and sister, Helen. She and Kevin had a beautiful ceremony. And let me tell you God was good, though the rain was threatening to fall it didn't.

Now in my last blog I told you that I had applied again to Medical School. I called the admissions department this week and was told once again that I didn't get in. Well you can imagine my disappointment. And that's putting it lightly. I told Mommy I don't think any one really understands what I feel. Most children, during the course of their childhood go through several career choices......me...........only one..........i've only ever wanted to be a doctor. And I know that God is the one who gives dreams so my question is "Why give me a dream and keep it out of my reach? How fair is that Lord?"

I thank God that He remains faithful to me, even in the midst of my tantrums and doubt. He really spoke to my heart today. It's almost like I got a revelation. Jesus has to be the reason I'm happy. You see I could get into med school tomorrow and be miserable the entire way through. I really had to repent today. Yasine sings "What if it hurts?.....I'll trust you Lord. What if you cry?.........I'll trust you Lord". I crave your prayers in this time. Lord knows I'm trying to stay strong, but I won't pretend I'm not hurting.

On to a more pleasant topic. I've recently joined the choir at my church. I'm enjoying being able to use my talent for the Lord. Now those of you who know me are aware that I'm not an upfront kinda girl. I really like to be in the background. Well it looks like God has other plans. My Pastors really want me to lead worship and I believe that's what the Lord wants too. So again pray for me as I step out into this new area of my life.

I guess that's it for now. I'll stay in touch.

Yasine

3 Comments:

Blogger Don Dadda said...

Yasine it will all work out, and you clearly have put it in God's hands and he knows best. Disappointment is a normal response and it will pass then we will become stronger from it. You're a great person and anything you do i'm sure you will be good at. Maybe a new passion will be given to you soon. Keep on the lookout. Luv ya babes.

MARIO

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey yas. It's nice to read your blog again. You look sobeautiful in your pics. Girl, I'll put you on my prayer list...nobody could do with too much prayer. Stay positive and keep trusting in HIM.

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Site Counter