Thursday, January 24, 2008

When words are not enough

Hey Everyone,

It's been 6 months since my last post. That is due in part to the fact that I had limited internet access. I just got my dsl hooked up in my room last week so expect to hearing more from me. God has indeed been good, He took me through one semester of medical school & I am excited about being here.

Have you ever been in a place where you know you need to pray, and you start praying but your words are inadequate? When all you can do is weep and groan before the Lord? These past couple of days have been some of my roughest yet. You're probably thinking what could be the problem now? You're on the way to fulfilling your dream? Well, while all that is true, another situation has presented itself that is threatening to take that dream away.

Many of you know that University tuition is extremely expensive. Well, the funds for this semester's tuition just haven't materialised and I have until next week Friday to pay US$10000 or be deregistered. As if this wasn't enough for me to deal with...............I can't find my Student I.D. (& you know at a school that's like your passport, can't do anything without it), my glasses need to be changed (the frame is bent & the optical people here will not touch it), I'm in a foreign country far away from the people I love, AND I'm expected to study with all this going on.

Sound like I'm taking a faith walk to you???

In situations like these, we are so tempted to give up, to blame God. I know I've been bombarded with extremes of emotions. I keep asking God, what I did to deserve such punishment. But though my flesh cannot comprehend what is happening, my spirit is focused on God. The Lord has brought several scriptures to comfort me in this time:


John 20:27 ".........................Stop doubting and believe"


Jeremiah 32:27 "I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"


Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord"


Isaiah 45:2-3 "I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name"


The truth is, I am here to pursue my dream, but it's the dream that God gave me. I could have gotten in to medical school at home where things would have been cheaper, but would I have the opportunity to exercise my faith in the Lord as I have right now..........probably not. So, it really isn't my job to worry about how I'm going to get my tuition............God knows & He is providing. All the money in the world is His. And while US$10000 is alot of money to me, it's NOTHING for Him to provide.

I don't know what you may be going through, but I would just like to encourage you to trust God. My breakthrough hasn't come yet, but I know I serve a Miracle working God. Who is more than able to meet my every need. And I will be able to testify, very soon too, of my God, Jehovah Jireh - My provider.

Thanks to all of you who have continued to support me. I Love You very much. Please continue to keep me in your prayers.

Blessings,

Yasine

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yasine, you are such an inspiration as you call on God. Thank you so very much for your encouragement. I'm going through a situation where thoughts of giving up enter my head. But all I'm left with is the incredible love of God, and that gives me HOPE. Continue to be a blessing in the storm. Give us a shout when the blessing undoubtedly, comes. Richard

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(sigh) my heart is filled with admiration on how u're viewing this, ur maturity highlights just how far many of us have to reach. Sometimes we complain & entertain doubts from the devil, when what we really should do is submit, just like what ur doing, there is nothing impossible for him.

I hav been watching ur step of faith & it has actually helped me to move into a closer relationship with God, ur really an inspiration...He's writing ur testimony with every obstacle u face. Continue to inspire, sis.

Jehovah Jireh, Yas.......Jehovah Jireh

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(sigh) my heart is filled with admiration on how u're viewing this, ur maturity highlights just how far many of us have to reach. Sometimes we complain & entertain doubts from the devil, when what we really should do is submit, just like what ur doing, there is nothing impossible for him.

I hav been watching ur step of faith & it has actually helped me to move into a closer relationship with God, ur really an inspiration...He's writing ur testimony with every obstacle u face. Continue to inspire, sis.

Jehovah Jireh, Yas.......Jehovah Jireh

6:00 AM  
Blogger Don Dadda said...

I knew you would go further along on your faith journey, and start to feel stronger. A journey is all it is my darlin', and we appreciate the rewards of the journey at a time unbeknownst to us. It will work out, and I have faith and pray that it will. Nuff luv!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Site Counter