Monday, August 13, 2007

Have you ever felt low?

Hey Guys,

Hope you all have been doing alright. I know you must be thinking "another post so quick?", well I've got the time now so I might as well.

I had one of the roughest days of my life yesterday. Have you ever felt so low that you wonder why you're even alive? Have you ever been in so much pain (emotionally that is) that it's almost physical? (I know that one is kinda weird, you doctors no badda try pencil out dat one) . Well that's where I was yesterday. It seemed like my whole world was literally falling apart. If ever I was under a spiritual attack, yesterday was the day. You know the funny thing about all that happened though is God told me how to fight the attack yesterday morning in church and when it came...........I couldn't even lift a finger. Sad isn't it? I guess there's still a whole lot of work God has to do in me, don't stop praying for me ok.

But let me share briefly what the Pastor spoke about. His message was on encouraging yourself in God. You know so many times when things go wrong in our lives we always think of calling someone to pray and help us through. Now don't get me wrong, while that is a good thing and God does provide us with people in our lives for that purpose, at some point we must get to the stage where we turn to God first and then call our loved ones to agree with us on what we've already brought to God. He shared three key principles that I'd like to leave with you.

Firstly, we must change our focus. You see the minute my situations seem hopeless and I feel like I can't continue is when I'm focusing on them and not the Lord. The key is to make God soooo big that no matter what problems come my way I know that they are not to hard for him to handle.

Secondly, we must change our definitions. I need to stop being so negative all the time and condition myself to be an eternal optimist. So my glass is never half empty, but always half full. So the fact that I haven't been accepted to medical school doesn't mean I'll never be a Doctor, it just means that God's timing for my life doesn't dictate for me to go now.

Finally, we must change our actions. So instead of being depressed and downcast I must carry myself with the confidence that wherever I find myself right now is where God wants me to be. Instead of being negative all the time I must encourage myself in the word and in prayer.

I know that this road is not easy. But I'm determined to be in there for the long haul. The Lord brought to me Luke 22:31-32, here Jesus is talking to Peter and he says to him "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail." Satan's character has not changed and he is wants to do the same to us today. Thank God that Jesus is constantly interceding for us that our faith too will remain strong.

Well, these are my few words for now. I hope they bless and encourage you all.

Prayers,
Yasine

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can anything good come out of feeling low?

I say yes!

I see an inspirational writer. Your blogs could evolve into a devetional or nuggets of encouragement or even a best selling book titled "On the Road to Medical School in the fullness of time". Do not hide your talents. In Jesus name keep writing.
love
Mommy

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Site Counter